Alberta’s rich heritage of agriculture includes generations of people who continue to farm and ranch on the land that their family first settled a century ago. There are several families from Wetaskiwin County who have continuously owned and actively operated the same land for a minimum of 100 years. Help us celebrate their history and launch the new Wetaskiwin Century Farm & Ranch Exhibit project.
- Date: Saturday, February 18
- Time: 2 pm
- Registration: Drop in
The Wetaskiwin & District Heritage Museum and Parkland Fertilizers are excited to be partnering with Agriculture More Than Ever‘s national movement to help launch the first annual Canada’s Agriculture Day on February 16, 2017. Help us sing the praises of the heritage and innovation of this time-honoured industry that continues to keep our community strong.
Please follow the links below to learn more about all activities being offered over the Family Day Weekend and throughout the year.
- Ambassadors of Agriculture – Thursday, February 16 from 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Wetaskiwin’s Taste of Canada – Thursday, February 16 from 7:00 – 10:00 pm
- Families in the Field Day – Saturday, February 18 from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Family AGtivity Day – Monday, February 20 from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Ancient Grain Night – Wednesday, March 1 from 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Stay tuned for updates!