We here at the Heritage Museum are always looking to welcome new volunteers into our family. Volunteers are vital in supporting the museum through contributing to a number of ongoing projects.
The volunteer role can involve:
- Assisting with museum programming, including school tours, bake sales, and special events
- Contributing to exhibit research
- Working front desk reception and gift shop
- Becoming a part of the Museum Board of Directors
Volunteers help us achieve our mandate, both by expanding our network of community members, and by facilitating community engagement through our day-to-day programming.
Volunteers can expect to:
- Make a difference in the community
- Help to connect families with the greater community of Wetaskiwin
- Meet and work alongside other community members as part of a team
- Increase your social network
- Build your resume
- Learn, grow, and have fun!
The Heritage Museum works to meet the needs of its volunteers!
What you can expect from us:
- Hours will be set according to your schedule
- Training will be provided
- You will be matched to projects that best suit your time and skills
- We will accept volunteers from nearly all age groups, from high school students to seniors
If you are interested in volunteering your time, contact us at (780) 352-0227 or send us an email.