Farm and Food Care Canada tells us that “93% of Canadians know little or nothing about farming. 60% want to know more.”
Join us on Thursday, February 16, 2017 for Parkland Fertilizer’s annual Ambassadors of Agriculture. A morning full of insightful speakers will help you to discover more about your food and where it comes from. Connect with people who understand it best, those involved, first hand in our world-class Canadian food system.
Stay tuned for updates on speakers!
- Date: February 16, 2017
- Time: 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Age for program: Speakers are aimed at youth and adults. Bring your younger children along and the Heritage Museum team will entertain them with a variety of AGtivities in the Children’s Legacy Centre.
- Registration is free, but please RSVP by calling the museum at 780-352-0227 prior to the event. Space is Limited.
The Wetaskiwin & District Heritage Museum and Parkland Fertilizers are excited to be partnering with Agriculture More Than Ever‘s national movement to help launch the first annual Canada’s Agriculture Day on February 16, 2017. Help us sing the praises of the heritage and innovation of this time-honoured industry that continues to keep our community strong.
Please follow the links below to learn more about all activities being offered over the Family Day Weekend and throughout the year.
- Ambassadors of Agriculture – Thursday, February 16 from 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Wetaskiwin’s Taste of Canada – Thursday, February 16 from 7:00 – 10:00 pm
- Families in the Field Day – Saturday, February 18 from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Family AGtivity Day – Monday, February 20 from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Ancient Grain Night – Wednesday, March 1 from 7:00 – 8:30 pm